Picture : Ada Hegerberg has now already scored 60 goals in 62 UEFA Women's Champions League appearances ! The All Time leader !
WOMEN’S CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (14 and 15 November 2023)
- Ada Hegerberg (only 28 years old) scored her 60th UEFA Women’s Champions League goal (in only her 62nd appearance) in Prag, leading sovereign the ALL TIME Ranking before Anja Mittag (51, retired today) and Eugénie Le Sommer, her teammate of Olympique Lyon (48 goals), the only active player in the Top 10 with Ada.
- The two great favorites of the edition 2023/24, FC Barcelona and Olympique Lyon, realize a fantastic season ! 9 games all competitions included, 9 wins, 39 goals scored, 2 conceded for Barcelona. 9 games all competitions included, 9 wins, 42 goals scored, 2 conceded for Olympique Lyon !
- Eintracht Frankfurt made their debut in the Champions League with a success in Rosengard. The club has absorbed 1FFC Frankfurt in 2019, the 1FFC won 4 times the Champions League !
- Austrian Barbara Dunst scored her 8th goal for Frankfurt in Rosenborg in the last 6 weeks and only 1 in the last 9 months !
- If Ballon d’Or winners Alexia Putellas and Aitana Bonmati scored a brace, Norwegian Caroline Hansen made 3 assists for Barcelona’ s five goals ! It was the same total of assists at the last liga game.
- It was the first time that a club from Norway played in the Final Stage of the UEFA Women’s Champions League ! Brann realized for this first appearance a great exploit, winning in St Pölten with an efficient Rachel Engesvik and Natasha Anasi, scoring her first goal for the club. The winning goal !
- Paris FC has eliminated Arsenal and Wolfsburg in the qualifications ! The French team was unlucky for their first ever Champions League final stage game, losing against Hacken, where Rasul Kafaji Rosa, only 20, scored already her 11th goal in 2023 !
- After scoring for Kristianstads (Sweden), Canada’s Evelyne Viens scored now for AS Roma. She scored so her 24th goal in 2023 agaisnt Bayern, allowing her team to the draw in München.
- First final stage game in UEFA Champions League for Linda Caicedo, the Colombian talent and IFFHS World’s Best U20 player 2022. Due to a brace of Olga Carmona, Real Madrid realized a draw against Chelsea the finalist 2021 of the competition.
- In the Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam, Ajax played their FIRST EVER final stage game in the UEFA Champions League. The very young dutch team ( 4 U20 players and 3 U23 players, Lily Johannes the youngest with 16) was fantastic, winning 2-0 against the star team of Paris SG.
- Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa), winner in 2021 and finalist in 2022, and AS Far Rabat (Morocco), winner in 2022 and third in 2021, played the semi final in 2023 ! Mamelodi with a goal of Boitumelo Rabele won 1-0 to reach for the third time in 3 participations the Final.
- Ampem Datkoa (Ghana) is the great surprise of the CAF Women’s Champions League. They were before AS Far in the Group Stage and face Sporting Casablanca in the other semi final. Ghana’s team was unlucky in the penalty kicks, losing 2-3 after a 2-2 draw in the game. So it was Morrocan team Sporting Casablanca which will face Mamelodi Sundowns in the final next Saturday.