Picture : Samantha Kerr and Australia were the first to beat England since two years !
WOMEN’S INTERNATIONAL NEWS AND STATS
- England lost his first game since 2021 and 31 matches ! It was yesterday against Australia and his captain Samantha Kerr, the Goalscorer of Chelsea.
- USA forward Mallory Pugh-Swanson, who scored already 7 international goals since January 2023, has a torn left patella tendon during her match and win over Ireland last Saturday. Her injury will probably not be able to play at the World Cup in July, it would be a major absence for USA team.
- Dzsenifer Marozsan played yesterday her last international game with Germany’s National Team. It was her 112 th international cap against Brazil. She was elected 3 times (2016, 2018, 2020) as IFFHS WORLD’S BEST PLAYMAKER and also IFFHS WORLD’S BEST PLAYMAKER OF THE DECADE 2011-2020. She will continue to play only with her club Olympique Lyon.
- New coach for the National Team of France : Hervé Renard who was the coach of Saudi Arabia, the only team to beat World Champion Argentina in the men’s World Cup 2022 in Qatar. Two wins for his two first games (one against Olympic Champion Canada) and he recalled in the team Le Sommer and Le Garrec with success.
- Alba Maria Redondo Ferrer scored her 15th goal in 2023 ! It was with the Spanish National Team against China. The third with Spain this year.
- Brazil has never won a Women’s World Cup. In 2023, the team coached by Pia Sundhage is determined to take the Trophy ! Yesterday, they won in Germany, the last finalist of the Euro.
- In all part of the World, women’s football has the biggest crowd records, more than 30000 spectators in Argentina, in Germany, in England, in Mexico. The Women’s World Cup 2023 in Australia/New Zealand will be the football event of the year.
THE FIFA RANKINGS OF ALL 32 TEAMS QUALIFIED FOR THE WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2023