Picture : Brazil reached for the third consecutive time the Olympic Final !
OLYMPIC GAMES - FOOTBALL DAY 10
- Brazil reached today his third consecutive Olympic Final after the penalties shoots against Mexico ! It was also the revanche for the lost final 2012 in London when Mexico won his only Olympic Football Gold Medal !
- After Bronze in 1996 and 2008, Silver in 2012, Gold in 2016, Brazil is on the way to be the sovereign leader of the All Time Olympic Ranking, being in the Top 4 since 5 consecutive Olympic Games.
- Dani Alves, Brazil’s captain, is 38 years old and has the possibility to win his first World title (Olympic Games /World Cup) to complete his extraordinary career.
- Since 1950, Mexico had only won 10 internatinal games against Brazil in 41 matches. Brazil won 23 games and 7 draws. The last duel between the two great football countries at the FIFA World Cup 2018 saw the victory of Brazil 2-0.
- Guillermo Ochoa, Mexico’s captain, has ,at 36, lost his last chance to win an Olympic title with his country. He has won 4 Gold Cups with Mexico since 2005 with his 110 international caps.
- It was the third Olympic match between Japan and Spain. The goal of Asensio allowed Spain today to reach his second Olympic final. In 1968, the teams finished 0-0 in Mexico and in 2012 , Japan won 1-0 in London.
- Reo Hatate will beat the record of Olympic games for Japan next Friday with 31 caps since 2017.
- Maya Yoshida, Japan’s captain, who plays in Italy at Sampdoria, has one objective with his teammates. Have the best ranking in Olympic Games in the history of Japan ! The best ranking of Japan was the 4th place in 2012.
- Marco Asensio is one of the talents of the Spanish new Generation. He wants to copy the Spanish Olympic team of 1992, who won the Gold Medal in Barcelona. With Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique !