Picture : Frappart, Lukaku, Musiala, the goal not given, Eto'o
HISTORY AND RECORDS
- French Referee Stephanie Frappart made again History by becoming the first female referee of a men’s WORLD CUP Qualifier match Between Netherlands and Lettonia.
- Romelu Lukaku’s international record with Belgium :
- - 59 goals in 91 games aged just 27
- - 36 goals in his last 31 matches
- - reached 50 goals faster than Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski
- - became already Belgium’s All Time Goal Scorer Leader aged 24.
- Jamal Musiala (18 years and 27 days) became last week the youngest player since Uwe Seeler in 1954 (17 years and 345 days) to play in the National Team of Germany.
- In the World Cup Qualifications match between Portugal and Serbia, Cristiano Ronaldo has scored the late Winner goal ,but the goal was not given and technology VAR was not available ! So the game ended with a draw 2 – 2, really a great injustice.
SAMUEL ETO’O DOCTOR HONORIS CAUSA
Cameroon megastar and IFFHS legend player, Samuel Eto’o Fils has been awarded the honorary degree of ‘Docteur Honoris Causa’ by the French institute “Groupe Ecole de Commerce” based in Lyon, France. The distinction created in 1918, is usually awarded by French university institutions in recognition of the achievements and impacts of these credited individuals without them having sat for any examination for it.
Samuel Eto’s award received in person Friday, March 19, 2021is said to be in recognition for the social impact of his Yaounde-based Samuel Eto’o Foundation created January 26, 2014. The foundation is known for its assistance to the less privileged in communities nationwide with a high point reached in April 2020 when it provided health kits and foodstuffs to some 50,000 households when Covid-19 was just making its sinister presence felt.
The football legend who joins his fellow countrymen, Roger Nkodo Dang, Mohamadou Bayero Fadil, and African leaders, Alassane Dramane Ouattara of Ivory Coast and Faustin-Archange Touadera of the Central Africa Republic, has a huge CV in the world of football that includes, amongst others: 118 caps for Cameroon; scored 56 goals for Cameroon with 18 during the African Cup of Nations making him highest scorer therein; played 4 FIFA World Cup finals(1998, 2002, 2010, 2014) to share Cameroon record with fellow countrymen Jacques Songo’s and Rigobert Song; first player to win African Player of the Year 4 times(2003, 2004, 2005, 2010); won African Cup of Nations in 2000 and 2002, and Olympic gold at Sydney 2000; thrice UEFA Champions league winner in 2005-06, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010; 2010 FIFA Club World Cup winner.